Scott Morrison handed down the Turnbull Government’s first Budget on Tuesday 3rd May 2016, and his first as Treasurer.
Mr Morrison described the 2016-17 Budget as the Turnbull Government’s ‘economic plan’ which will focus on ensuring Australia continues to successfully transition from the mining investment boom to a stronger, more diversified new economy. According to the Treasurer, this will be achieved in three key ways:
- Sticking to the Government’s plan for jobs and growth;
- Fixing problems in the tax system to enable the government to sustainably cover their responsibility for the next generation; and
- Ensuring the Government lives within its means, to balance the budget and reduce the burden of long-term debt.
Please see below for links to individual Portfolio Statements.
- Agriculture and Water Resources
- Communications and the Arts
- Education and Training
- Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Immigration and Border Protection
- Industry, Innovation and Science
- Infrastructure and Regional Development
- Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Social Services
The Treasurers’ official media release: The 2016 Budget – a National Plan for Jobs and Growth